VIVA Railings, LLC. is looking for a Structural Engineer, PE to add knowledge and expertise to our organization. This position will be in our Carrollton, Texas office.
The Structural Engineer will work closely with our management, production, project management and sales staff to lead our Engineering and Design Department for means and methods on our proprietary designs and concepts and involve a high focus in division 5 work with non-ferrous metals and glass fabrication and installation. This job is ideal for someone who thrives in a fast paced, deadline driven, detail-oriented environment.
- Perform structural analysis, calculations and design.
- Review designs, calculations and project contract drawings and specifications.
- Prepare sketches/mark-ups for preliminary and detailed construction drawings.
- Conduct structural assessments, investigations and inspections if necessary.
- Review shop drawings.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil (Structural) Engineering.
- 5+ years structural engineering experience for high-end residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
- Structural engineering design for connections to steel, concrete, masonry and wood.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on construction experience/interest is a plus.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the engineering field of Commercial Construction projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience detailing Ornamental Metals, Miscellaneous Steel or Glass and Glazing.
- Minimum 5 years’ leading, managing and developing detailers and designers at a mid-level position.
- Knowledge of the industry and expertise in building codes.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent organizational, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- BS in an Engineering discipline, PE Stamp for Texas and Oklahoma and the ability to obtain other US states is highly desirable.