VIVA Railings, a leader in Architectural Railing Systems, is now accepting resumes for an experienced Metal Detailing Checker for our Carrollton, Texas office. This is a full-time position.
- Check drawings against Work Scope on the quotation.
- Review drawings to ensure drawings are correct per the contract documents.
- Review drawings to ensure drawings are modified per Architect and General Contractor comments.
- Review fabrication and installation drawings for compliance with contract documents.
- Review fabrication and installation drawings for compliance with IBC, ADA, AISC and other applicable codes.
- Review fabrication and installation drawings for compliance with VIVA Railing, LLC standards.
- Review the bill of materials. Ensure quantity and items listed are correct.
- Maintain files for review markups and field dimensions.
- Acknowledge or suggest an improvement for clarity and accuracy of drawings.
- Oversee and help improve designers progress and product knowledge by providing constructive feedback.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- 5+ years’ experience with structural steel, miscellaneous or ornamental metal detailing and checking.
- Ability to read drawings and redlines.
- Experience with Bluebeam is a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Must pass drug screen.