VIVA Railings, a successful leader in the Modular Railings design industry is seeking an Estimator with experience in commercial metal railings. We are a Division 5 company specializing in architectural stainless-steel metals and material fabrications on commercial guardrails and stair railings.
Candidates must have proven construction estimating experience with exceptional organizational skills, proficiency on Microsoft Office applications, and a strong sense of customer service.
- Manage multiple bid projects, able to multi-task in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Correspond with and quote customers as it relates to their projects
- Maintain and document project objectives.
- Build vendor relationships; determine costs related to raw materials and purchased services.
- Participate in learning and incorporating Bluebeam software as part of our estimating protocol.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Practical knowledge of commercial construction methods and application of principles.
- Ability to read and interpret Construction Documents with an emphasis on Architectural, Interiors and Structural drawing packages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interpret bidding process and bid documents associated with assigned projects.
- Multi-task oriented, urgent, well-organized, attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain vendor relationships
- 3+ years of experience as a Construction Estimator
- Software- Proficient in Bluebeam or other take-off software and Excel. Revit and/or AutoCAD knowledge is a plus.
- Associates in Construction Management or other 4-year college degree preferred.