Plan, coordinate and supervise company estimating program providing technical and administrative direction to ensure corporate objectives are met.
A preference for knowledge in the metal or glass fabrication industry is a must. Experience with Division 5 Metals; handrails, guardrails, glass guardrails, sheet metal fabrication, decorative column covers, and non-ferrous decorative metals in general is preferred. Often experience with Millwork (Division 6), Glazing (Division 8) and Specialties (Division 10) have successfully crossed over.
Candidates must have proven construction estimating experience with exceptional organizational skills; must be proficient on Microsoft office applications; requires a strong sense of customer service, possessing a “yes we can” attitude toward all contacts. We are looking for a professional individual who is creative, energetic and motivated.
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Insurance, PTO.
- Maximum emphasis must be placed on the development of operational, technical and support teams and personnel so that the company can successfully compete in the architectural metal’s marketplace.
- Manage and administer department functions including operating budgets, staffing, wage reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations.
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal Proposals.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, as required.
- Clarify as necessary for the Project Manager assigned to the awarded bid the Project budgets based on estimate bid spreadsheets, knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Manage multiple bid projects at one time and be able to multi-task in a potentially high stress and time sensitive environment.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with employees, management, and outside agencies.
- Work with Sales staff, Estimators and Operations to review the estimates to ensure accuracy and complete contract scope of work in accordance with the bid documents.
- Correspond with and quote customers as it relates to their project and documented project objectives.
- Build working relationships with vendors to determine costs related to raw materials and purchased services.
- Use of Bluebeam software as part of our estimating protocol.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be added from time to time.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this position, the responsibilities may change.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: A combination of Education, technical training and/or related experience. Advanced management or technical training preferred. Extensive (10 or more, years) experience in similar facility construction estimating and related functions plus thorough knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques, and construction contracts required. Excellent organizational, supervisory and above average decision making and problem-solving skills essential.